The Power of Mobile and Social Data
Big Data Tuesday Webinar
Featuring Experts from HP Vertica and Informatica
Social media and mobile computing are unleashing a torrent of data that holds valuable customer information, including product reviews on online communities, customer service experiences on Twitter, and posts about brand preferences on LinkedIn and Facebook.
Are you looking for actionable steps you can take to harness social media and mobile data, tie it to your customer data, and analyze it to improve sales, customer service and product development? Ask yourself these two questions:
- Do I have the data management technology to connect the customers in my CRM application to their social profiles and use the social data to enrich my customer information?
- Do I have the architecture to gain actionable analytical insights by combining structured and unstructured data to do real-time, fine-grained sentiment analysis?
Join parallel data processing expert Mingsheng Hong Field CTO at HP Vertica, and MDM expert Ravi Shankar from Informatica, to learn:
- Key challenges that companies face when harnessing social media data
- How best-in-class companies are harnessing social media data to delight customers, better manage their brand, improve e-commerce operations and increase revenues
- Seven actionable steps to capitalize on the immense business opportunities that social media and mobile computing offers
About the Speakers
Field CTO - HP Vertica
Mingsheng Hong is Field CTO at HP Vertica, connecting product strengths with business benefits, and incubating analytics use cases. Prior to this role, Mingsheng delivered various product features such as automatic performance tuning and advanced in-database analytics as a developer at Vertica. Mingsheng obtained his Computer Science Ph.D. degree at Cornell University, where he built Cayuga, the world's first expressive and scalable CEP engine. Mingsheng also co-founded the Microsoft CEDR event processing project, which became the Microsoft StreamInsight technology shipped with SQL Server 2008.
Sr. Director, MDM Product Marketing - Informatica
Ravi is responsible for product and technical marketing activities for master data management (MDM) as part of the Data Quality business unit at Informatica. Shankar joined Informatica following the Siperian acquisition, where he ran product marketing. He helped position the company as a proven leader in multi-domain MDM. With over 20 years of leadership experience, Shankar has directed product marketing, product management, and business development efforts at enterprise software leaders such as Oracle. He holds a BS (Honors) and an MS in Computer Science, and an MBA from the Haas School of Business at the University of California, Berkeley. Ravi is a published author and a frequent speaker on MDM and data governance.
Note: To view PDF files, download the latest version of Acrobat.