Rethinking Data Virtualization
Get the Data You Need & Trust, NOW!
A David Linthicum Webinar
Date: Thursday, April 22, 2010
Time: 10:00am PT / 1:00pm ET
In this Webinar, internationally known SOA expert and Virtualization Journal Editor-in-Chief David Linthicum proposes a new way to think about data virtualization — one considers data quality, collaboration, maintenance, and reuse.
Virtualization extends beyond hardware and network resources to the data itself. Data federation (also known as virtualization) creates a logical abstraction of all underlying data, so that it appears as one data source to consuming applications.
But data is distributed, heterogeneous, and often full of errors. Simply federating it insufficient. IT organizations must build a single, accurate, and consistent view of data, and deliver it precisely when it’s needed. Data virtualization needs to take this complexity into account.
Join this Webinar to learn more about:
- Sourcing and combining data from structured, unstructured, mainframe sources in real time
- Applying data quality rules and rich transformations to integrate and cleanse federated data
- Handling change in underlying data sources
- Provisioning accurate and consistent data—to all applications via any protocol—in real time
- Leveraging data virtualization to:
- Augment a data warehouse or MDM hub
- Implement real-time business intelligence
- Execute on-the-fly data quality
- Create a data abstraction layer for SOA
About the Guest Speaker:
David S. Linthicum (Dave) is a internationally recognized industry expert and thought leader, and the author and coauthor of 13 books on computing, including the best-selling "Enterprise Application Integration" (Addison Wesley). Dave keynotes at many leading technology conferences on cloud computing, SOA, Web 2.0, and enterprise architecture, and has appeared on a number of TV and radio shows as a computing expert. In his career, Dave has formed or enhanced many of the ideas behind modern distributed computing, including Enterprise Application Integration, B2B Application Integration, and SOA, approaches and technologies in wide use today. For the last 10 years, Dave has focused on the technology and strategies around SOA and how to make SOA work for the modern enterprise. This includes work with several startups.
Yes, I would like to register for this webinar.
Thank you for your interest in Informatica. Please fill out this form and we will email you the login information.
Note: * indicates required fields