Maximize Your Return on Big Data
Increase the Value and Lower the Cost of All Your Data
|Date||:|| Thursday, November 8, 2012|
|Time||:|| 7:30 am - 5:15 pm (Lunch Provided)|
|Location||:|| The Westin Ft. Lauderdale|
400 Corporate Drive
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334
The advent of big data in the enterprise brings with it unprecedented opportunities. To learn how you can capitalize on these opportunities, join our all-star cast of Informatica executives, experts, and key partners as we go on the road to more than 50 cities worldwide.
We’ll take you past the big data hype, and show you how the latest trends in cloud, social, and mobile computing will help you optimize your key initiatives around master data management, business intelligence, data privacy, application performance, and more.
Register for the Roadshow to learn how to...
Two sessions will be held: one in the morning, another in the afternoon. The morning session will be focused on how to maximize your return on big data and the afternoon session will be an Informatica User Group (IUG) event, though everyone is welcome. Feel free to register for one or both sessions.
- Make smarter business decisions by harnessing the analytical power of new computing technologies
- Lower compliance costs and minimize risk with the industry’s most comprehensive and award-winning data privacy technologies
- Increase the business value of big data, lower its cost, and realize its promise, with our latest release.
Space is limited and seats are filling up quickly.
Afternoon sessions brought to you by
Informatica User Group
7:30 am - 8:30 am
Breakfast and Partner Fair
Afternoon Session - Informatica User Group
1:00 pm - 1:05 pm
Chapter Leader Welcome
Maximizing Return on Big Data
Never before have we experienced such a profound transformative change in computing, which is taking the notion of "the information age" to a level unimagined even a few years ago. Cloud, social and mobile computing are changing everything in the world of data, and leading to the massive rise in variety, complexity and volume now dubbed "big data". Capitalizing on the business value of big data while avoiding unforeseen cost, complexity, and risk has become critical to your future success. In this session, you will...
- Uncover disciplines for measuring and continuously maximizing your "return on data", defined as the value of data divided by the cost of data
- Understand the impact of these megatrends on how you create, manage and utilize data
- Examine the multiple facets of the big data phenomenon, and its impact on your organization
- Learn about the latest release of the Informatica Platform, Informatica 9.5, and the capabilities necessary to ensure that you don't merely cope in the era of big data, but that you thrive.
Data Privacy – Protecting Data to Ensure Compliance
More than 84% of corporations have suffered at least one data breach in the last year. Sensitive data needs to be protected, both to safeguard it from unauthorized use and to comply with a growing number of privacy regulations. Learn about the unique capabilities provided by Informatica's Dynamic Data Masking product, and how customers are using it to protect sensitive information in real time—without costly, time-consuming changes to applications and databases. In this session, you will learn...
- Benefits of policy-driven security and monitoring for applications
- What Informatica's new Dynamic Data Masking offers
- How to secure both production and nonproduction (development, test, training) environments.
Agile BI – Delivering Intelligence Faster
To stay competitive and keep up with the rapid pace of change, the business needs new data and fresh insights on short notice. However, many IT organizations struggle to deliver the data and reports that the business needs and can trust. The backlog of requests and complaints from business users just keep growing, as IT is handcuffed by an inflexible, outdated data integration and analytics infrastructure. To address their unmet needs, the business often turns to shadow IT teams to create custom one-off solutions, which only exacerbates the complexity in the infrastructure. IT needs to embrace agile business intelligence and data integration architecture and techniques to accelerate the process with early business involvement, meet both analytical and real-time operational requirements, and deliver on the fast changing demands of the business. In this session, you will learn...
- Drivers behind the need for greater BI (business intelligence) agility
- Barriers to achieving agile BI
- New approaches to architecting, implementing and operationalizing a responsible, flexible data architecture to deliver agile BI .
- Techniques for managing the convergence of the analytical and operational worlds.
What’s New in the World of PowerCenter
Learn about how groundbreaking new capabilities in PowerCenter 9.5 editions, options and connectivity from Informatica and the partner ecosystem to increase the efficiency, agility and productivity for many different data
integration projects. Learn how these new capabilities...
- Shrink the time to deliver new data or reports from months to days
- Improve productivity in development and operations with self-service, proactive monitoring, data virtualization, and data validation
- Cost-effectively increase performance and scalability, and expand support for appliances and Hadoop
- Add data integration for web, log, social, and machine data, natural language processing and hierarchical data transformation
- Enable governance of cloud deployments as a shared service with on premise data integration by corporate IT
- Enhance metadata management and data quality capabilities for data governance.
Birds-of-a-Feather Discussion Groups
These popular discussion forums are an opportunity to network with other users to learn how they are utilizing Informatica products and solutions. The round tables are informal user-led discussions with no formal Informatica presentation or lecture...
- Administrator Tips and Tricks
- Architect and Project Management Tips and Tricks
- Developer Tips and Tricks
- Performance and Tuning
- Versioning, Team Based Development, Migrations.
Using Informatica PowerExchange Real Time CDC for Data Synchronization
Sometimes data replication isn't just about making an identical copy of one database to another. Sometimes those databases are separate applications with different schemas and data types requiring the use of PowerCenter with Real Time CDC. How do you enable Bi Directional Synchronization between sources using Informatica? In this session, INTRICITY will highlight the methods used to deliver on this solution.
How to Lay the Foundation for Agile and Operational Business Intelligence (BI) with Informatica
Nowadays, business users are not just demanding fast and direct access to new critical information and reports, but also requiring that it is up-to-date, accurate and exactly what was needed. However, there are some serious challenges that need to be addressed, such as accelerating delivery of data and reports, getting the analyst involved early and often in the process, ensuring rapid data profiling and real-time data cleansing, and enabling data access without impacting operational systems. In this session you will...
- Hear how to use Data Replication to provide non-intrusive access to current data in operational systems
- Hear how to use Data Virtualization to deliver new data and reports that the business needs and trusts
- Learn how to develop an architecture that can support your enterprise's agile and operational BI needs
- Hear how customers are laying the foundation for agile and operational BI with Informatica.
Maneesh Joshi, Senior Director of Product Marketing, Informatica
Maneesh Joshi is the Senior Director of Product Marketing at Informatica. He’s responsible for the go-to-market initiatives for all things related to the Informatica Platform. Maneesh has spent his entire career solving integration problems in the roles of engineering management and product marketing functions, problems spanning SOA, BPM, application integration, and data integration technologies. While working at companies such as Informatica and Oracle, he’s enjoyed collaborating with customers to innovate market-leading products and solutions.
Josh Alpern, Vice President of Information Lifecycle Management, Informatica
Josh Alpern is the VP, Strategic Business Development in the Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) business unit at Informatica. In this role his focus is ensuring that Informatica’s data archiving solutions are aligned with the needs of the marketplace. He has been with Informatica for more than three years and has more than 12 years of experience with enterprise ILM solutions.
Arkady Kleyner, Software Architect, Intricity
Arkady has nearly thirty years of experience in engineering/architecting, developing and deploying the most intricate enterprise business solutions in America and Europe, focusing strongly on the financial, retail, manufacturing, pharmaceutical and all IT organizations. He is a sought after speaker and is a well renowned expert in Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing solutions. Arkady is regularly solicited by Business Intelligence Analysts who include his vision in quarterly reports to their paying customers. He is considered by many industry experts as the foremost authority in Business Intelligence. Arkady's ability to really connect with the business in such a practical and meaningful way then turn to the detailed developers and clearly answer their questions is uncanny. With this level of business acumen and practical experience, many CIO's have Arkady on retainer to validate and review their long term strategies and bridge to the business users.
Tim Smith, Senior Product Specialist, Informatica
Tim has over 20 years experience in software architecture and development. His responsibilities have varied from software architect to CTO to small business owner. Since 2009 Tim's area of specialty has been Data Virtualization technologies and Data Integration architecture. His experience is often leveraged in engagements helping Informatica's customers solve complex business and data integration challenges.
Yes, please register me for this Informatica Roadshow and User Group Event.
Thank you for your interest in Informatica. Please fill out this form and we will
email you the Event details.
Note: * indicates required fields
View Larger Map